Yes, it’s back. The Great British Bake Off is taking over our screens and our hearts for a second season. As such, it’s the time of the year when we all begin to think we are baking superstars and head to the kitchen to bake up a storm.
First things first, there’s no way you can produce the best bakes, cakes and breads without the appropriate equipment. You don’t want anyone having to experience a soggy bottom after all…
The Paul Hollywood collection from KitchenCraft isn’t just beautiful, it’s also incredibly practical, with every item you could possibly desire for baking and bread making. See below for just a small selection from the range.
The range has all been thoroughly tested and approved by the man himself, so you know the range works. From the Pizza Crisper and Baking Stone, to the Brownie Tin and Sandwich tin, everything has been produced to the highest standards.
My Top 5 items from the range:
1. Something I’ve always wanted is a Hand Raised Pork Pie Dolly and the range has one. Made from Beechwood and looking gorgeous, this item looks great on the shelf when not being used and makes creating a hand made pork pie easy peasy. This pie dolly has a ‘secret weapon’ that will help you master the art of pie making in minutes. Traditional pork pie moulds are made of solid wood, which tends to get stuck to the pastry case when it has formed. This dolly is drilled with holes and has grooves along the sides that prevent a vacuum forming, so your shaped pastry pops straight off. It’s such a simple idea, but such a timesaver for anyone who enjoys baking their own pies.
2. Another favourite from the new range is the Stainless Steel Star Pattern Bread Stamp. A simple idea that turns your bakes up a notch, by making them look like professional rolls. The stamp is made of sturdy stainless steel, so it will last for ages, and it has a comfort-shaped handle. This means you can stamp big batches of bread rolls without straining your hands.
3. The Paul Hollywood Electronic Scales are another must-buy item.We all know that baking is a science, and if your scales are off, your cakes won’t rise and your bread will be a flop. These scales have been created to make sure they are incredibly accurate and handily have measurement conversions printed on the front.
4. The Loose Base Mini Sandwich Tin is a great idea. With removable bottoms, nothing will get stuck and it’s been designed to be incredibly sturdy, versatile and practical, with a strong carbon steel construction and superior non-stick coating. With a unique way of easily removing individual desserts and cakes, simply pop up each of the individual loose bases to remove.
5. The Rattan Round Proving Basket is really useful if you are trying to free bake, without using a tin, as while proving, it keeps the dough in lovely round shape and the spiral textured interior leave an attractive imprint on the dough, which gives the loaf a rustic finish when it comes out of the oven. Great for making a delicious sourdough loaf.
These were just a few of my favourites, but there are so many to choose from. Visit www.kitchencraft.co.uk to find out more and discover where to purchase your favourites.